Monday, December 1, 2014

The Robocaller says goodbye.

This one has called me at least three times in the last month.  The phone rings, I pick up,  and nobody is on the line.  I ought to hang up right then and there, but for some reason I give 'em the count of 5 to come on the line.  This robocaller waits for the count of five and then says "Goodbye".   It's persistant, it's called me three times in a month.
   What is the robocaller is trying to achieve?  It is a voice phone,  they cannot suck  my social security number or a credit card number out of a  plain old wired phone.  They don't sell me anything, or ask me any thing.  Why do they bother?  All I can think of is burglars checking to see if I am home before coming out to plunder the place.  But that's gotta be crazy thinking.
  Robocalling ought to be made a felony, with some cruel and unusual punishment attached.  Boiling in oil would be appropriate. 

No comments: