Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hillary takes flak

Hillary, while secretary of state, did all her email on her own email server, located in her house. She didn't use a work email (@StateDept.gov?) at all.  She probably figured doing it that way was more secure, State has been repeatedly hacked, and State  IT people can snoop all emails and leak any that they pleased.  She wanted a secure email, and it looks like she got it.
  Thinking about it, I had, and used, my work email for work stuff, and my home email for personal stuff, chatting with friends and the like.  I always figured the work email was insecure, and took pains to never put anything in email that I wouldn't post on a downtown bulletin board. Like if we ever got sued, the lawyers would subpoena every email in the company, and use anything in them in court. So, never bad mouth anyone, you might need to do business with them sometime.  Never discuss future plans, technological secrets, sales, pay, political infighting at the company, stick to selling the company product. 
   The TV is admitting that Hillary had left State before the more draconian laws about doing government business on government email were passed. 
   I'm not a Hillary fan, but on this email business, I understand her. 

No comments: