Saturday, November 7, 2015

Flak for Ben Carson

The MSM, democrats to a man, are shooting at Ben Carson.  They been getting plenty of coverage on TV. They have been checking out Carson's autobiography, published years and years ago, and claiming that Carson claims things that they cannot verify, or uses more enthusiast language than they can approve of.  This morning's Wall St Journal did not defend Carson much, but they did pooh pooh some of the nastier slams on Carson. 
    As far as the West Point scholarship thing goes, Carson, was top ROTC cadet, black, with excellent grades.  I'm sure someone said "Son, you ought to go to West Point, you are a natural, put your name in and they will accept you".   Was I Carson, writing my autobiography fifty years later, I could easily write that I was offered a scholarship to West Point, even if I never put in my paperwork to attend.   I'm not going to get excited about this smear from the likes of the MSM.  Especially as I like Carson. 
    Carson does understand that dirt sticks.  He has been on TV, calling his harassers to be liars.  That's good.  Mud sticks, if he doesn't call the MSM on this, we voters will begin to think that maybe there is something to the stories.   Romney didn't understand this, and it lost him the presidency. 

No comments: